Saturday, October 24, 2009

Summer's Over

The cooler, wetter weather has settled in......so soon, so soon. The summer flew past me this year and I miss it, already. We are getting the place ready for whatever snow falls this year. (Please, God, not another one like the last two!!) One last trip for the bulls next week, as Jim and I head for the PBR Finals in Las Vegas. Then we just hunker down until Spring.
Now, I have time to read, write, create some crafty doodads and gifts, and get some indoor projects finished. When the sun is warm and bright, and long in the summer sky, I have a hard time being inside the house....so the chores have piled up.
Fall changes are everywhere, the trees are beautiful in such bright colors. The moose are around more, even had a big bull running around in the horse pasture a week ago. The elk herds are here in the hills, they know that snow is coming and have left the summer graze in the higher elevations. Wild turkeys that we watched grow from little poults are all full sized and noisy. There were about thirty in the middle of the road as I pulled out of the driveway yesterday.
Every season has it's own beauty. There is a rhythm and a routine that I look forward to as the changes unfold.
The sun is shining as I write, and even though it is cold, it is drawing me out. Horses and cows to feed, water tanks to top off, and I have the gift of another day to experience the beauty that surrounds us here on the ol' Brand X.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TELL YOUR COWBOY, BRANDO, WILD MAN SAID HIGH FROM FLORIDA, AS WE SET THE RECORD HIGH FOR TEMPS YESTERDAY IN US, IT IS NICE TO READ ABOUT THE WEATHER CHANGING IN YOUR AREA. EVERYDAY IS THE SAME HERE, 90 AND HUMID. GOOD LUCK IN VEGAS WITH THE BULLS.

ALSO ON A SIDE NOTE, DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HAUSER THOUGHTS? IT WON'T COME UP ANYMORE.