Friday, June 14, 2019

I Trust you, Lord.

I prayed all the way into the hospital as I followed the ambulance that was bringing my daughter to the Emergency Department. A sudden altered level of consciousness and a nearly nonexistent blood pressure prompted a call to 911 soon after dinner. She was pale, blue around her lips, and out of it. I thought she was starting to have a seizure. They were bringing her for evaluation and I was right behind them. My prayers were childish, but sincere.....”Please God, Fix her, heal her, make this okay. I was praying frantically, and I began to pray the only prayer that is always answered......”thy will be done”. This led me to think about God’s sovereignty. My God is sovereign I know this and trust this, and never doubt Him. But, here I was driving into the unknown praying for healing, trusting God and realizing how hard that really is. I was tearful and cried out to Him.....” I trust you , Lord. I know you are sovereign. But in my frail humanness, your sovereignty is really hard.”  
I think I had a small glimpse of Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, also asking for “Your will, not mine...” it was hard for him also.

No comments: