Monday, November 17, 2008

Jim's Off Fishin, Again...


Well, Jim loaded up the camper and left for the Grand Ronde River this morning. Steelhead are running, and there is no bigger fishing thrill than catching one on a flyrod. The area is remote and beautiful. It is his favorite place to fish. I wish I could be there with him, but someone needs to bring home a paycheck to keep the wolf away from the door, and the fish in the freezer. I love my work, it's a good thing, since my retirement accounts have taken a huge puke!! It looks I will need to work for three or four days after I'm dead. I am beyond the worry and fret phase, and now just plug away, and hope there is enough money for the month.

Fortunately, I love second-hand stores, garage sales, and such. I'm a pretty good bargain hunter and refuse to pay full price for anything!! Groceries have gotten real pricey, and the cost of keeping these eight kids (in grown-up bodies) fed has taken a big bump. I know everyone is in the same boat, and frankly, I am grateful to have a great job and am able to provide for the basics and an occasional fishing trip for ol' Brando.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

Catch loads of fish and flog them to make money lmfao.... or make fish pies til they come out ya ears..

Wow feeding 8, I thought I had it hard feeding 4 LOL.....

Enjoy the fishing.... my lads would of loved to of come, thats the one things as a single parent mum I found the hardest, the fishing trips, I just couldnt bare to stick that hook in the ragworms with their little eyes pleading with me to let them go lol I think I threw more ragworms off the end of Southsea Pier then what we ever fished with LOL

x